*BILINGUAL* SENIOR IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL (Family-Based and Removal Defense)
FOR CRIMMIGRATION (CRIMINAL DEFENSE + IMMIGRATION) FIRM
* Only those who pay attention to specific application instructions will receive response.*
Seeking both Part-time and Full-time eligible candidates.
We are an Atlanta-based CrImmigration (immigration + criminal defense) law firm 100% committed to the defense of non-U.S. citizens. Our clients face a pending criminal matter, deportation, or wish to pursue a family-based immigration status opportunity. Our reputation was built on a clear long-term vision, our core principles, and our mission together as a team.
There is a better way to treat people, regardless of where they were born, mistakes they have made, or on which side of the border they live today.
*Internal Team Values:
What We Believe:
At STERN Law, we relentlessly defend your American Dream. The government will try its best to detain or deport those it considers unworthy. But when you decide to stand up and show the world what you’re made of, we fight proudly to secure your permanent place here in the United States.
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE TEAM
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE TEAM
Careers at STERN Law are team-oriented and provide the opportunity for professional growth, success and satisfaction knowing that we provide client-centered representation and help our clients to be free and remain with their families. We are expanding our reach to now help more people, and need a committed Sr. Immigration Paralegal for our team.
Summary of what you are going to do:
• Prepare all legal and related filings (based on templates we provide or created with your input) for approval by attorney: Entries/motions to Immigration Court, subpoenas, etc; USCIS immigration applications that involve: any criminal history, waivers of inadmissibility and other more complex submissions.
• Supervise junior paralegals and caseload target goals.
Required qualities of who we want for this job:
• Minimum of 3-4 years litigation paralegal experience supporting an immigration law office.Brains, creativity, and integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Bilingual in Spanish with written and oral fluency
• You enjoy helping people figure out what problems they have that we can solve.
• You know how to use: a Mac computer, an online calendar, Word, or Excel, or Outlook mail, and some type of case management software (and we mean know more than how to open the program).
• Knowledge of multi-line phone systems and multi-user calendars
• You love procedures and protocols.
• Professional mindset and utmost discretion.
• You understand why it’s important to have a responsible, knowledgeable and caring attorney.
• You can greet clients with a sincere and warm smile, even on your “bad days.”
• You have good grammar skills, present professionally at all times, and you can see how our mission as a firm will help you achieve your personal goals.
• Available to work overtime as needed. Rare evenings and weekends may be required.
• United States work authorization
• Excellent references (yes, we actually do check).
• Bachelors degree
Bonus experiences you might have:
• Paralegal certification
• Experience with immigration-specific case management software, preferably Cerenade/eImmigrationAir
Full-time, exempt position of 50 hours per week. Occasional overtime, nights/weekends as required.
TO APPLY: Send an email to hr @ sternlawfirm.us with your last name written backwards + title of position you’re applying for in the subject line, and attach your resume in .pdf format.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.