Select Page

Sentence Modification or Reductions for Non-U.S. Citizens

If you were recently sentenced and wish to have your sentence changed or reduced, you typically only have one year from the date of sentencing.  The authority of a Judge to modify your sentence within one year is provided by O.C.G.A. § 17-10-1 et seq.  We must file a motion with the court showing compelling reasons to change your sentence within the required time limits.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

Ready to join STERN Law?

Tell Us Your Question, Situation and/or Request Below or Call Us at (404) 990-4112
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.