*BILINGUAL* INSIDE SALES
FOR CRIMMIGRATION (CRIMINAL DEFENSE + IMMIGRATION) FIRM
* Only those who pay attention to specific application instructions will receive response.*
We are an Atlanta-based CrImmigration (immigration + criminal defense) law firm 100% committed to the defense of non-U.S. citizens. Our clients face a pending criminal matter, deportation, or wish to pursue a family-based immigration status opportunity. Our reputation was built on a clear long-term vision, our core principles, and our mission together as a team.
There is a better way to treat people, regardless of where they were born, mistakes they have made, or on which side of the border they live today.
- We change the narrative and fight negative stereotypes.
- We see you at eye-level, with respect and without judgment.
- We bridge the gaps between us.
- We don’t take “no” for an answer.
What We Believe:
- We believe you are so much more than the worst thing you (may) have done.
- We believe that no human being is illegal…and that you are not an outsider.
- We believe that where there’s human will, there’s a way…and there’s a better way together.
- We believe in knowing our neighbors.
- We believe in celebrating holidays, births, weddings and graduations with family near and far, old and new.
- We believe kids should be driven to school by their parents and know they’ll be there when they get home.
- We believe that your spirit is the American spirit.
- We believe that living doesn’t happen in the shadows…and that it’s time to step into the light.
At STERN Law, we relentlessly defend your American Dream. The government will try its best to detain or deport those it considers unworthy. But when you decide to stand up and show the world what you’re made of, we fight proudly to secure your permanent place here in the United States.
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE TEAM
Careers at STERN Law are team-oriented and provide the opportunity for professional growth, success and satisfaction knowing that we provide client-centered representation and help our clients to be free and remain with their families. We are expanding our reach to now help more people, and need a committed Opportunity Advocate for our team.
This is not a paralegal or legal assistant role, but rather a sales-based position.
Summary of what you are going to do in this job:
- Answer and return phone calls with potential new client (PNC) leads
- Follow up with PNCs by phone, email web inquiry, etc
- Schedule/coordinate all events (large & small) with PNCs
- Explain and coordinate necessary documents for PNCs to provide
- Track all lead-to-prospect-to-client conversion metrics
- Become a resource for all law firm referral sources
- Attract quality client opportunities
- Greet and conduct intake at assessment meeting with PNC
- Edit and organize representation agreements
- Convert PNCs into clients with persistent follow-up and tracking
- Manage email campaigns and follow-up with Zoho CRM
- Refer non-prospects out to other professionals and track results
- Build and maintain our “Team 100”
- Post blog entries using WordPress and manage social media posts
- Monitor, suggest, and create website changes
- Maintain and service client relationships
- Propose marketing ideas
The candidate we seek has the intelligence, imagination, and experience to “see around corners” with the thick-enough-skin and enough back-bone not to take constructive criticism personally. Absolutely no “toxic” personalities are permitted onto our team. This is to protect the sanity of all the members of the team and our clients, too. If you are the right candidate this should come as welcome news to you! We are looking for a long-term relationship with the right candidate. At this law firm we like to work hard, get the job done and then enjoy having life outside of the office as our reward. Not the other way around. While we encourage hard work and show our appreciation regularly, we do not want a candidate who requires constant, outside validation for happiness or fulfillment. Also, unreliable “partiers” need not apply.
You should be able to demonstrate good judgment, the ability to prioritize your activities with minimal supervision to meet deadlines, and coordinate cheerfully with your fellow team members to get the job done. We do not tolerate anything that gets in the way of doing our best work by serving our clients with compassion and quality. You should have a professional decorum with a good sense of humor. We take our work very seriously around here but not ourselves. We like to have fun and we want our Senior Associate to feel his or her job is pretty great, too!
You should always have an above-average ability to learn and adapt as our business grows and takes on new dimensions. The successful candidate should know how to “get things done” with minimal supervision and doesn’t watch the clock. . .ever! In fact, we’d love to find the pro-active individual who can see the big picture and then make recommendations for all of the nitty-gritty details to make things better instead of waiting around for instructions. Your compensation will be positively-affected by your willingness and ability to think outside the box and effectively identify opportunities, propose, and then execute solutions to increase the number of clients we can serve. This may include investing your own time to learn and remain familiar with our business and how our potential clients interact with it. The person we are looking for understands that law firms must bill our clients in order for any of us (including you) to get paid, and will be enthusiastic about being sure this critical function of our business gets the attention it deserves, on a timely-basis and is done accurately.
Part of your job descriptions is also to be patient with our growing pains. This can be the best job you ever had or the most frustrating depending on your flexibility, team-spirit, commitment to our mission, and your realistic expectations about what it is like to work in a fast-paced, growing law firm. This is a full-time position but with flexibility and freedom earned by your figuring out how to get things done. You need to run to the doctor, take care of some personal business, or even go out of town for a family emergency on short notice? No problem, so long as you take responsibility for things getting done. This is a double-edged-sword for slackers but we imagine great success for the right candidate.
Required qualities of who we want for this job:
- You have brains, creativity, and integrity.
- 100% Bilingual in Spanish with written and oral fluency (Spanish spoken and written every day)
- You love answering and making phone calls.
- You enjoy helping people figure out what problems they have that we can solve.
- You don’t have to ask how to use: a Mac computer, a blog, an online calendar, Word, or Excel, or Outlook mail (and we mean know more than how to open the program).
- You love procedures and protocols.
- You like focusing on the details of a project.
- You understand why it’s important to have a responsible, knowledgeable and caring attorney.
- You are comfortable explaining why having this attorney is more valuable than the money in their pocket. (Understand the value and can explain why cost is worthwhile).
- You have experience selling something, you were good at it, and you enjoyed it.
- You can greet potential clients with a sincere and warm smile, even on your “bad days.”
- You have good grammar skills, present professionally at all times, and you can see how our mission as a firm will help you achieve your personal goals.
- Available to work overtime as needed. Rare evenings and weekends may be required.
- United States work authorization
- Excellent references (yes, we actually do check).
We are less concerned with how many years of experience you have, than we are with how many experiences you have gained and mastered during those years.
Bonus experiences you might have:
- 1+ year of phone sales
- Experience with Zoho CRM, Clio CMS, online billing, and WordPress
- Knowledge of multi-line phone systems and multi-user calendars
• Competitive comp to include base salary + significant performance bonus. Endless earning potential!
• Direct face-to-face work with some of the best clients in the U.S.A (really, they are awesome!)
• Recognized work-life balance and team culture
• Being a big fish in a small pond
• Being on the cutting edge of shaping legal industry and quality of client representation
• (7) Paid holidays
• Paid Time Off will accrue as three (3) weeks (15 working days) of leave per year
• Group insurance package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D)
• 401k retirement benefits with employer match
• particularized and cutting-edge training
Full-time, exempt position of 50+ hours per week. Nights/weekends as required.
TO APPLY: Send an email to email@example.com with your last name written backwards in the subject line with the title of the position, and attach your resume in .pdf format.
*Internal Team Values:
- We welcome and plan for change.
- We aren’t afraid to fail; we just don’t fail the same way twice.
- When we are our best selves, we do our best work.
- Continuous attention to adding value in the client experience enhances trust in the law and client empowerment. (code of conduct)
- We are personable, yet always professional.
- We support one another with whatever it takes to best serve our clients.
- We’re agile.
- We believe our ability to quickly respond to change is a source of improvement for our clients and a competitive advantage.