Naturalization to U.S. Citizenship
You May Qualify for U.S. Citizenship Naturalization if you have:
- Been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- Qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
Your Child May Qualify for U.S. Citizenship Naturalization if:
- You are a U.S. citizen;
- The child was born outside the U.S.;
- The child is currently residing outside the U.S.;
- And all other eligibility requirements are met.
Note: You may already be a U.S. citizen and not need to apply for naturalization! This is so if your biological or adoptive parent(s) became a U.S. citizen before you reached the age of 18.