STERN Law provides immigration assistance and deportation defense services to both detained and non-detained immigrants. We serve:

  • Qualifying relatives of U.S citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) seeking immigration status through a family-based application
  • Permanent residents (LPRs) who wish to earn U.S. Citizenship via the Naturalization Process
  • Non – U.S. Citizens facing Deportation / Removal
  • Non – U.S. Citizens who are the victim of violent crime or domestic violence in the U.S. and who participate in prosecution of the crime and/or divorce their abusive spouse
  • Non- U.S. Citizens applying for Temporary Protected Status
  • Seekers of Humanitarian Parole into the U.S.

Attorneys and trained staff provide consultations and legal representation on the following matters:

Removal/deportation defense
Legal representation for immigrants who are in deportation proceedings.

Family-based immigration
Legal assistance for permanent residents and U.S. citizens who want to apply to bring family members to the United States or to allow family members in the United States to adjust their status.

Applications for Lawful Permanent Residence
Assistance in completing and filing applications for lawful permanent residence (also known as a green card.

Legal assistance for permanent residents who want to apply to become U.S. citizens.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
Legal assistance for immigrants who qualify for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) visas based on their country of origin and dates of immigration.

Legal protections for immigrant victims of family violence (VAWA)
Legal assistance for men and women who qualify for immigration benefits under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) because they have been abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Visas for immigrant victims of crimes (U Visas and S Visas)
Assistance in obtaining a visa for immigrants who have been a victim of a crime and are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation of that crime.